* Mailing Address:
What is your birthday?
* What is your birthday?
(So we can celebrate you!)
How did you hear about us?
Company Processes and Terms
Before completing our application, please read through our terms to make sure our company will be a good fit for you.
1. All Joanna's Nannies nannies are employees of the company and paid hourly based on the number of hours you work each week. We pay an overtime rate of 1.5 times for working more than 8 hours in a day or 40 in a week. We pay a double time rate if you work more than 12 hours in a day. Nannies will be paid weekly via direct deposit. Your rate will depend on your level of experience, training, and market location, but all nannies will be offered at least $16/hour with opportunities for raises based on performance and longevity with the company.
2. We require our nannies to enter their availability in our scheduling software, When I Work and keep it up to date at all times. You must have your availability in the schedule for the next 2 weeks at any given time. You will be booked for jobs based on your availability. We will also send out jobs that you can take on your own via Workchat and open shift within the software. You are required to check on this regularly.
3. We require you to communicate with us efficiently and respond to text messages or emails from the company in a timely manner (24 hours for text messages and 48 hours for emails). If you will be away from your phone or email, you are required to alert us ahead of time.
4. The entire company operates paper-free, online and via your smart phone. Nannies must be somewhat tech savvy and able to complete our hiring packet and paperwork online as well as operate the scheduling software from their phone.
5. Nannies must commit to working for Joanna's Nannies a minimum of 20 hours per month (ideally more often) and must be willing to commit to working for us for at least 6 months (ideally longer).
6. Nannies must have reliable transportation to the jobs (Your own car is required in most locations).
7. Nannies must complete CPR and First Aid Training at their own expense. California nannies must complete Trustline at their own expense.
8. Cancellations and infractions will be tracked and could result in termination if it is happening regularly.
What region are you applying for and/or live in?
Wine Country (Sonoma, Napa, Marin)
San Francisco Bay Area (San Francisco, East Bay, South Bay/Peninsula)
Lake Tahoe (Reno, North Lake, South Lake)
Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego)
Colorado (Denver Metro, Boulder, High Rockies)
What is your general availability?
Profile Questionnaire and Preferences
How many total years of childcare experience do you currently have?
Please list how many years experience you have working with Infants?
Please list how many years experience you have working with Toddlers?
Please list how many years experience you have working with Preschool Age Children?
Please list how many years experience you have working with School Age Children?
Please list how many years experience you have working with Teens?
Please list how many years experience you have working with Autism?
Please list how many years experience you have working with people with other disabilities?
These answers will be used to create your profile on our website.
Are you Bilingual? If so, what languages do you fluently speak?
Please list 5 or more of your favorite hobbies and interests outside of working with kids:
We love to reward our nannies for a job well done! Would you prefer an Amazon, Starbucks or Target gift card?
We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to apply to be part of the Joanna’s Nannies team! We look forward to speaking with you.